Let me set the record straight – your Colorado elopement or intimate wedding doesn’t HAVE to be in the mountains. Heck, it doesn’t even have to be at some fancy venue. I’ve worked with so many couples who’ve had their dream day at a cute Airbnb, like Jessie and Nic.
Eloping in front of their friends and family was important to them, and they found a scenic Airbnb to host their intimate elopement. After saying their “I do’s” on a drizzly day, Jessie, Nic, and I snuck away to get some amazing photographs of them up in the mountains. It was a perfect blend of everything Colorado has to offer.
- Eloping at their Airbnb saved so much time and stress since no one needed to be moved around.
- Jessie and Nic decided not to do a first look, so seeing each other for the first time at their ceremony was extra special.
- When we snuck away for photos, everyone at the Airbnb was in good hands. At Your Breck and Call provided drinks and apps while we were gone, and there was also live music.
- Once we were all back together, At Your Breck and Call served an intimate dinner made especially for Jessie and Nic.
- Jessie and Nic wanted a relaxing space for everyone to hangout and enjoy themselves. To add to the ambiance, they hired John Brewster Music to play in the background!
Must Knows for an Airbnb Elopement
- Make sure the Airbnb you choose is event friendly! If you’re doing a VRBO rental, use their “events allowed” filter while you’re searching. Airbnb doesn’t have that search option (bummer, I know), but the good news is there’s a lot of overlap between VRBO and Airbnb. If you find an epic spot on one platform, it’s likely on the other too.
- Confirm with your host that your elopement plans are allowed. Some locations have strict rules, and it would suck major balls to show up only to find out vendors aren’t allowed on the property.
- Explore your options! Yes, there are some stunning houses available, but Airbnb also has campers, boats, and log cabins. You can also decide to elope at your actual rental OR you can choose to just hold the reception there after you and bae elope on your own.
- Hire a private chef or caterer. They’ll take care of the setup, cooking, and clean up afterwards. It’s one less thing to stress about, and my couples have all raved about how amazing their meals have been.
- Share your vision with your photographer. I’ve seen tons of amazing rental options and will always help my couples book the perfect spot!